Monday, February 28, 2011

Family Doc was a Bust


I went to see my family doctor this morning in the hopes that she would have some broader suggestions of diagnostics to run to try and figure out (or continue ruling out) what might be causing my body to malfunction.  Wishful thinking.

We went through my whole recent history again and she didn’t really have any suggestions.  I requested a couple tests, one of which she ordered and the others she didn’t see the point in.  At least I was coming up with potential diagnostics.  In the end, 95% of the bloodwork will be the same as the last time I went to see her with the addition of a diabetes test and one other test.  I expect both of the new tests to come back normal and it’s anyone’s guess what my thyroid will do since I’ve had one abnormal and one normal test this month.

I’m glad that the gastroparesis seems to be off the table with the emptying scan results but the prolonged lack of answers is still frustrating.  From the way the last appointment with him went, I’m not very optimistic that my GI will have any additional ideas when I see him later this week.

Holding out a shred of optimism for the neurologist visit at the end of next week, but we’ll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment