Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Gastric Emptying Scan was normal


I’m not sure that I’ve ever been this frustrated about having a normal test result.  I had hoped that this gastric emptying scan yesterday would finally show in some actual diagnostic way what is going awry inside my body.  Wishful thinking.  I called the GI and talked to the nurse this afternoon who informed me that my scan results were normal. 

It’s a good thing in the grand scheme if it actually means that my stomach is working more properly than previously suspected.  I have to wonder whether it was just a ‘good’ day.  Who knows.  I was symptomatic in the morning before I went for the scan.

So now back to the million dollar question.  Why am I friggin nauseous and exhausted every friggin day?

Someone pointed out earlier that the exhaustion is potentially linked (at least partly) to the fact that I’m likely not consuming enough calories.  Well, ok, I KNOW I’m not eating enough right now.  I’m experimenting with ways to increase my intake even while symptomatic.  Tonight was an enriched smoothie and soup. Should also help a little bit with the dehydration issues.

I guess the next step is to get in to see a neurologist and let my primary doc know that the gastro test looked normal.

Ok, enough for now.  Have to go study for a lovely molecular biology exam tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that you're still without a diagnosis, but I really am glad that you don't have gastroparesis!

    ReplyDelete